Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sadness

I found out yesterday that one of my friends lost her husband yesterday. I'm so stunned and sad. She and I went to school together and I met Brian briefly before going off to college then we lost touch with each other. Now, 18 years later we had all reconnected via facebook and were just settling into knowing each other again. I don't know exactly how he passed but it always seems more tragic when someone dies at such a young age (he was only a couple years older than me). It's like they haven't really had a chance to live a complete life yet.
There's also their two small kids who now no longer have their father with them. My heart is just aching for them and for my friend who lost the love of her life.
It's such an unfortunate reminder to make the most of the time you spend with your loved ones. Tell them you love them as often as possible!

No comments: