Sunday, November 2, 2008

This is...a favorite recipe I'd like to share


It doesn't look like much in the picture but if you like maple then this is the dessert for you!


I made this last week for a potluck but I didn't quite follow the directions right and it didn't set so it was more the consistency of lemon curd or an ice cream topping than pie filling so if you're gonna make this, make sure you follow the directions and measurements exactly.


Maple Cream Tart

Ingredients:

1 1/2 c pure maple syrup
1 c whipping cream
1/4 c cold water
1/4 c corn starch
1 ready pie crust

In a bowl mix together the water and cornstarch until smooth, set aside. In a sauce pan mix together the syrup and cream and the water/cornstarch mixture. Over medium heat bring to a boil. Let boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Remove from heat. Pour into ready pie crust. Let cool so filling can set. Refrigerate before serving


As far as the pie crust goes, I don't have that in the recipe because I usually buy the kind at the grocery store that you just have to roll out into your pan then toss it in the oven. I haven't tried this using a ready made graham cracker crust but I would imagine it would be really good. Basically, what I'm trying to say is the crust is up to you...if you like making it from scratch, by all means make your own, I'm just too lazy to do that.
As always, check out Three Buttons to find more yummy recipes.

7 comments:

Jacinta said...

Oooh that sounds lovely. I was given some Maine maple syrup earlier this year from a friend who was visiting... I wonder if I have enough! I hope so.

Michelle said...

Oh yum! I so love maple syrup. I will have to try!

Bec said...

YUM! This sounds great :D

ashley said...

oh yummy i do love maple!
x ashley

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Mmmm... that sounds very yummy!

muralimanohar said...

Oh my god..you eat that??? Don't you, like..pass out from the overload?? lol

Come to think of it, I think dh and the boy would pass out from happiness if I made that. Too bad for them, I'm not a sweets person, and I do all the cooking around here. :p

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Oooh that looks delicious.. I might have to try that recipe. YUM!