Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sustainablility Seminar

A friend from high school that I recently reconnected with via facebook put my onto this organization called the Regen Co-op. Among a long list of other things, once a year they hold a sustainability seminar (happening this Saturday). It happens to come at just the right time, at least for me. I have been mulling over (and over and over) the thought of my own little Victory Garden and being more self sufficient as far as growing our own veggies and such.

The co-op's seminar this year has quite a few sessions that I'm interested in.




Natural Building, Good Soil, Good Irrigation, and Greywater Recycling have really piqued my interest. I'm also really interested in seeing the urban garden. I've driven by it everyday since we moved in and everytime I saw it I wondered whose it was, who tends it, etc. Now I know.

It's amazing how this is all going on in my immediate neighborhood and I never would have known about it if my friend hadn't mentioned it. I mean the co-op is literally down the street from me.

Anyway, if anybody reading this is in the SoCal area and is interested, as the flyer says, it's free and open to the public.

Also, if you're interested in starting your own veggie garden and would like a sure fire way (at least I've been told it's sure fire, don't know yet, but I'll let you know soon) to have a thriving veggie garden, check out this site. I'm giving it a try and will update you on how it goes.

No comments: