Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lazy me and a shout out to some memes.

I have a confession to make...I've been extremely lazy lately when it comes to my little blog. I haven't been taking any pictures and I haven't been doing much original posting, meaning I've been relying on the memes for posts. I have been meaning to do some posts about different subjects but lately it seems as soon as I sit down to the computer I forget what I was going to do. I blame stress or old age or both, or maybe the heat, yeah, the heat. Anyway, I hereby pledge to be a better blogger.

And because I said I'd take more pictures, I decided to start here at work...one coworker gave me a bag of Tootsie Rolls to put on my desk while....


Another coworker decided to, um, enjoy them (I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that he did not put those back into the jar).

Ok, on to the memes. There are quite a few memes floating around out there that are both fun and thought provoking. And while I really only participate in one of them, I really enjoy reading the others. So, I thought I'd list them along with their lovely hostesses in case anybody else out there wanted to join in.

  • My favorite is "This is..." and if you read my blog with any regularity at all you'll know I never miss a Sunday (except for the one while I was on vacation but does that really count? I say no). It is hosted by Angela over at Three Buttons so if you'd like to join in just let her know and she'll add you to the list.
  • Then there's "on my desk" wednesdays. I don't have a desk at home and my work desk is, in a word, BORING, so I don't participate in this meme but I do browse every once in a while just to see what everybody is up to. This meme is hosted by Kirsty at Kootoyoo, and, again, if you wanna join in, just let her know and she'll add you to the list.
  • I don't think this next one has a formal list of participants. It's called "Sunday Supper" and Pip of Meet Me At Mikes, who is the official host, I think, has a few sections on her side bar with some really yummy recipes from some bloggers that do participate. They're definitely worth checking out if you're a foodie like me or even if you eat, at all, ever. (just fyi, I don't participate in this one either just cuz the kitchen here at Chez Perry has been boarded up and has seen no action in quite a while)
  • Then there are the ones that I couldn't find any formal host or list of participants...Flashback friday, Wordless Wednesday, and a whole slew of others. And there's my Flickr Favs Friday, but as far as I know I'm the only one doing it so I'm not sure it qualifies.

Anyhoo, if you feel like perusing any of these memes now you have the links so go browse and leave some comments cuz we bloggers love the comments!

No comments: