We bought a couple of these at Wal-Mart to keep us cool on our trip to Louisiana. My sister used hers over the weekend and the little gel crystals inside that hold the water make the whole thing feel all gel-y and slimy and gross so I figured I'd make my own. Since I don't have any babes of my own I borrowed a diaper from a friend and just started cutting into it. I used one half of the top sheet edge from a vintage sheet, and just zipped it through the machine. It was a little messy cuz there are little crystals in the diaper as well - I think to either soak up liquid or something, I dunno but it turned out pretty good. No gross slime, the diaper holds plenty of water and it kept me cool. So that little project was put on the success list.
Just some magnets and pins or brooches, whatever you wanna call em. Lots of hot glue, a couple burns, a couple of salty outbursts (but only the dog here to hear them).
So that's what I did with my evening...nap, cut, sew, glue, swear...a very productive evening indeed.
Ok, so this is my 100th post. I was planning a give-a-way but since I was actually planning on this post taking place sometime in the middle of July, the give-a-way is going to have to wait til then.