Sunday, June 15, 2008

This is...the space in which I create.

At first I was just going to show you a picture of my head cuz, really, that's where all the genius happens, right folks, who's with me? Whew, tough crowd.

Ok, I'll get down to business. Here's my space (sorry about the dark pics, not a whole lot of light at the moment)...

It's just a corner of my bedroom due to the fact that our spare room is, at the moment, being used as my sister's 2nd bedroom...I dunno why, just go with it. My workspace seems to be growing sorta like that red stuff in the Blob movie (haven't seen it? It's classic 70's cheese at its best). So sooner or later either I'm going to have to move into the spare room (whichever one she chooses that to be) or I'm going to have to do some furniture shifting to make more room. Here's why...

I've circled the fabric that is on this side of the room. There's more on the other side that just hasn't migrated to the Space yet. Soon, I hope to get either a bookshelf or something similar to store the fabric which is why the shifting of the furniture - just to make more room.

The Space isn't finished yet either. This door...

is actually going to be the desk/table top as soon as I take off the hinges and do some tweaking to it and the base it'll be sitting on. Also, these shelves....

that you can barely see in the circle are going to be up there and there to hold the misc items like buttons, beads, threads, etc.
Also, this pegboard...

will eventually get some molding around it along with the miscellaneous items you hang from pegboards.
So that's my space...a WIP. Thanks to Quilting Mick for this week's theme. For more inspiring spaces, go check out the list of players at Three Buttons.

3 comments:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

My space was like that not too long ago, but it looks like you have some good plans there for it.

I just love your pegboard! That's such a funky design!

CurlyPops said...

Did you paint that design on your pegboard? It looks fabulous!

Sasparilla Sue said...

Thanks so much for the compliments!

Curlypops: What I did was put up the pegboard first then I took Michael Miller's Dainty Damask fabric, printed it on a piece of overhead transpareny (I altered it a little like taking out the fussier bits and turning it upside down - cuz for some reason I like it better that way) then projected it onto the pegboard and outlined it then painted it. And bingo bango you got yourself a custom piece of pegboard. It was a lot of fun to do and I'm pretty pleased with it (I'm not generally good at the whole drawing thing so this process was right up my alley) and getting compliments on it is pretty awesome!! So thanks again!