Monday, June 23, 2008

Spoonflower, Oh How I Love You!

I don't remember where it was that I first heard of Spoonflower but it was on someone's blog out there in blogville. A while back I signed up to be notified when Spoonflower launched the beta version of its custom fabric-printing service. I don't know why since I'm really not very good at drawing, plus I don't have any of the proper tools to transfer hand drawings to my home computer. I have to do alot of sneaking around at work to do that kind of thing. Anyway, I read this post by Emily over at The Black Apple and thought, well I have one drawing that I'd love to have printed on fabric. So, I did it. I just ordered a swatch cuz, what if it turned out too busy or too ugly and I had ordered a couple of yards...then I'd be stuck with it. But, as it turned out, I'm pretty pleased with it. I might change it a little by putting more space in between but other than that I like it and I think I'll go for the yardage, now that I've seen it. Let me know what you think.


p.s. my this is post is (obviously) going to be a little late this week due to the unbearable, mind melting, leaving me quivering on the sofa like jello, summer heat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks great! I have been meaning to try spoonflower too, I'll have to get organised and work out a design.

Elizabeth said...

It looks great! I got my invite weeks ago and haven't had enough time yet to do anything with it. :(

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

That is so cute! Well done! I hadn't heard of Spoonflower, so thank you for the link. I've just signed up in the hopes of getting an invite soon.

There's another one, BonBonKakku http://www.bonbonkakku.com/ that I've been wanting to play with as well.

Anonymous said...

How pretty! My German teacher in high school was obsessed with mushrooms that looked exactly like that! It brings back fun memories :)