Friday, February 22, 2008

Can hiccups give you toned abs?

I don't get the hiccups. In fact, I literally can't remember how long it's been since I had them. I'm thinking it was sometime in the 6th grade (I'm 34 now) but for sure not in High School and none since.

Until today.

At 3:58 I had my first one and at 4:19 I had my last. I have forgotten how painful they can be. I also thought God might be getting a bit of a chuckle, and, after all my laughing at friends who get hiccups decided I was going to end up like those people you see on TV that have had hiccups for 16 years nonstop, then one day I'll be going about my business and Oprah or Ellen will call and be like, "So, you've had hiccups for 16 years, tell us what that's like." and I at my most eloquent will say something like, "it sucks". I'll never be able to show my face in public because of the embarassment of saying "it sucks" on tv.

But, alas, they only lasted for 21 minutes.

No comments: