Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Babies Babies Everywhere!!

I’m surrounded by babies!!! My friends and I are at the age when babies start popping out like gumballs from a gumball machine. Every time I turn around someone else is pregnant. While I’m all for propagating the species, I just don’t seem to have the gene that says “Hey there lady, tick tock tick tock, get yourself knocked up already!!” I have the opposite gene, the one that says “Babies?! We don’t need no stinkin’ babies!!!” Don’t get me wrong…I love babies and children in general, I ooh and ahh over them as much as the next woman. In fact, I love acting as interim aunt or babysitter while in my friends’ company but that doesn’t mean I gotta have one of my own.

So, here’s the run down. In the last 2 years there have been 8 babies born within my circle of friends and/or co-workers. That seems like a lot to me…maybe because heretofore (I love that word) there have been none.
I dunno, maybe one day I’ll wake up and all of a sudden need to have one of my own and will rush out and make an appointment at the nearest sperm bank (beats trolling the bars for “donors”). But until that day comes I’m a most willing babysitter.

This is April with little W. Whom I refer to as little peanut.

No comments: