Monday, February 18, 2008

Ugh Taxtime

In past years I've relished doing my taxes because a) I can do them myself on the EZ forms since I have no complications to my life and 2) I usually get a nice sized refund. This year, however, I'm dreading it completely! I claimed exempt (this means no taxes were taken out of my paychecks at all) for a big chunk of the year so now I'm feeling the wrath of the IRS. And it hurts! Sorta like in the Wrath of Khan where that bug thing crawls into Checkov's ear...that's how much it hurts - with the bleeding and the gnashing of teeth, etc. (ok, yes, I've watched a few Star Trek movies in my time, this does not make me a Trekkie (live long and prosper)).

I'm now having to actually pay the IRS even more of my hard earned money...it's bad enough that they take almost 20% of everything, now they want more. I do realize that in the grand scheme of life here on earth my minor tax glitch is unimportant, but gosh darnit, it pisses me off!

I think I'll go live in a commune. They don't pay taxes do they?

No comments: