Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Swap-bot

I usually run on the assumption that people out in blogville know about websites before I do because I'm generally the last to know due to my lack of paying attention. So, forgive me if you know all this already. There's a website out there called Swap-bot. And, like the name says, it's all about swapping. There are swaps for all sorts of things. I've done a few of them...I'm one of those people that could sign up for a bunch of them then get overwhelmed by the commitment to send 20 or 30 different people a bunch of stuff and then my head would explode. That's why I've only signed up for 5, all at different times, since I joined back in May. Right now I'm in a scavenger hunt swap where your partner gives you 15 adjectives then you go out and find little things that you feel fit those words. It's a lot of fun.

These are the items I'm sending off for the scavenger hunt swap.



The swaps can be either national (most of the ones I've seen are US only cuz I think they're based here in the states) or international. I'm finding it a great way to share my corner of the world with people who don't necessarily know anything about where I live.

If you like swapping, and I know you do, check out the site.

Edit: It has been pointed out to me by muralimanohar that I have forgotten to include a link to Swap-bot. How could I have forgotten the most basic of blogging rules?! I must have been in the middle of a brain fart or something, I dunno. Anyway, here you go...Swap-Bot...enjoy!

4 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I looked at it once before and thought what a great idea. However, it did seem mostly US based so I left it at looking.

The scavenger hunt is so fun. I love it. Might have to organise one myself one day.

Moiface said...

ooo those recipients are lucky!

muralimanohar said...

Hello...linky??? :p (Unless I am blind, of course.)

I think I have heard the name before, but never had a look.

muralimanohar said...

Thank yoouuuuuuuu!!!! :D :D