Monday, August 18, 2008

This is...how I like to spend my weekend.

Normally, I love to laze around the house, usually in bed. The Bubbers and I just hang out at home doing absolutely nothing, if possible. But...seeing as how we've been trying to buy a house, and actually found one, put a bid on it and had our bid accepted!!!!! we have been doing a lot of window shopping lately. This is the house we're buying...




It's small, 2 bed, 1 bath but there's so much potential in the house that we couldn't pass it up. Of course, there are things that need to be done like pulling up carpet, getting rid of that eyesore of a fence, etc. So, from now until we close escrow our weekends will be filled with window shopping, deciding on landscaping, new furniture (our old stuff needs to go!!), what to do in the slightly awkward garage, etc. It's very exciting. (Sorry there are no interior pictures, I was so excited when I stepped into the house because I knew this one was the one that I forgot all about taking pictures. We're going in again this week to do an inspection so I'll take more pics then.)

So, this weekend we went to Pasadena Architectural Salvage where they specialize in items from the 1880's to the 1930's (our house was built in 1936). Mostly we were looking for a new (old) front door and again, I forgot to take pictures but here are some of the ones we looked at that were on their website...




We also looked at lighting for the dining room. Check out these beauties...




Granted most of these aren't in keeping with the Spanish feel of the house (which we are trying to keep to) but I liked them so much that I put them on our list of possible styles/replicas. Buying these actual fixtures would be breaking our budget (they're way too overpriced) so we're going to be looking for some more reasonable replicas.
So that's how I'll be spending my weekends. To see more, go to Three Buttons and check us all out.

1 comment:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Congratulations on the house! That's so exciting!