Friday, August 29, 2008

This is...my favorite fabric/craft shop...

My all time favorite craft shop no longer exists. It was called the Magic Brush and was this huge craft shop where you could find everything from clay for throwing pots and such to fine art supplies and all sorts of things in between. It's now a Lebanese market where we frequently buy baklava so I can't complain too much.
Now my favorite shop is called Fabric Barn in Long Beach (The LBC).


Don't let the name fool you. They have a very limited amount of fabric but a huge, HUGE selection of ribbon/trim. I'm talking aisle upon aisle of ribbon and trim...you think I'm exaggerating don't you? Well, my friend I am not, take a peek at these pics...










That's not all there is, there's a lot more, did I mention there are rows and rows of these? So, if you're ever in the L.A./Long Beach area visit the Fabric Barn.

Thanks to handmaiden for the topic. For more great shops, go to Three Buttons and check 'em all out.

All ribbon photos are by Sherry over at Got Art? cuz I can never seem to think to take pictures when I'm there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - good thing I'm on the opposite side of the world! I wouldn't be able to walk out of there without at least a metre of everything!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Oh my goodness. That's amazing. I spent a few weeks in Long Beach many years ago. Wish I had known about that place.