Monday, October 20, 2008

Blog scavenger hunts

Sometimes when I really want to blog but have writer's block I go on a hunt through blogland. A scavenger hunt, if you will. I tell myself I'm looking for something specific...something that will make me think, something that will make me go ooooh, something that will make me smile, etc. Today was such a day. I was on a hunt for things that would make me laugh. So I started with a sure fire, guaranteed to make me laugh blog...Creative Type Dad. Unfortunately, I've already read his latest post so I clicked on Redneck Mommy in his sidebar who is quite witty and her latest post says she's having a give away! But the deadline to post a comment was yesterday...harumph! So on her sidebar I click on Dad Gone Mad...jackpot!

He's a writer and in this post he talks about a writer he admires, Jen Lancaster. He had this video posted on his blog and it had me laughing and commiserating. I now have her books on my reading list, already quite long. Enjoy the video...




Check out any or all of those blogs if you're looking for something to make you smile/ laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for those links - I've just been wandering around them for twenty minutes, smiling inanely to myself!