Monday, April 7, 2008

Am I gonna pee brown?


I had my second CT scan today, downed my second bottle of barium in less than a week. This time there were extra little treats and surprises! First, she informs me that she's going to have to inject some iodine before the scan to open up the blood vessels. HUH? Of course, I'm thinking that gross brown/coppery looking liquid that people used to put on cuts and such, so my first question is whether or not my *ahem* urine will be brown. But the tech assures me that this iodine is clear and I'll never know when it comes out. Although, she tells me, that it will cause a heated/flushed sensation usually starting from your head then it goes to your "bottom". HUH?? She tells me it will feel as if I've wet my pants but assures me that that will not be the case. (and really how does she know that I'm fully continent?) It didn't happen quite that way, however, and started at my "bottom" then down to the bottoms of my feet. It was, to say the least, a very strange sensation.
The whole process lasted maybe all of 8 minutes. So I'm glad I'm done with that part of this...whatever...let's call it a medical journey. Now if they can just figure out what the heck is wrong with me so they can fix the problem, I'll be eternally grateful.

1 comment:

CurlyPops said...

Yuk, I've had one of those CT's where you get that weird wetting yourself sensation. It was certainly strange!