Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The pain of doing my civic duty

I have been summonsed to jury duty. In the past the prospect has been something I looked forward to but this time it's just completely inconvenient. I've been trying to get to my doctor about this pain in my side that I am thinking is a gallbladder problem. It is painful to sit so thinking about sitting for hours at a time is a rather daunting thought. Luckily, we don't have to show up at the courthouse until 1:30pm so I will have time in the morning to see my doctor but wow is this timing bad. Not to mention I used up all my vacation time last week so I'm getting paid exactly $15 plus $.34 per mile a day. Not exacly rent-paying type money. I'm torn between hoping I'm going to have to get emergency gallbladder surgery to get out of jury duty and hoping it's just a really bad case of gas or something like that and still having to do jury duty. They weigh the same in my mind...I know, I know, I have issues. Anyway, if you're a praying sort, please pray that this pain in my side is minor and that it's not possible to die of boredom.

No comments: